Art evolves into a myriad of shapes and manifestations. Today, there’s little difference between traditional masterpieces and pocket-sized creations. One such tiny creation is custom acrylic keychains, where imagination knows no bounds.
This post will walk you through the fun process of making your custom acrylic keychains with a Cricut machine. With this comprehensive step-by-step guide, anyone can create personalized keychains.
What Materials Do You Need to Make Keychains?
● Set of Acrylic Keychain Supplies
First, buy Acrylic keychain supplies set from an online or local store. This set includes beautiful ornaments, tassels, rings, and blank keychains. To make your keychains stand out, look for a unique combo to create a new vibe.
● Cricut Machine
Your primary tool for making keychains is a Cricut machine. This electronic cutting device can process numerous materials, including vinyl, paper, card stock, etc. It costs you money. However, this money does not go to waste. The reason is Circut creates perfect, accurate, and complex designs.
In terms of cost, entry-level and mid-range Cricut machines cost between $150 to $500.
● Permanent Vinyl
You can select multiple shades of permanent vinyl to make your keychain designs. Then, with Circut, cut these vinyl sheets into the desired shapes and designs. If you’re a novice who wants precise cutting, go with smart vinyl.
● Transfer Tape
Transfer tape is the last item you need to attach your vinyl designs on the acrylic keychain blanks. Keep in mind that this stage calls for accuracy and patience. Make sure your keychain design fits the blank precisely and attaches nicely.
Making Process of Custom Acrylic Keychain in 8 Effortless Steps – It’s a Breeze
- First, develop your keychain design using design software. For this, you can also utilize the Cricut Design App. To let your imagination run wild, add custom text, designs, or monograms.
- Then, using your Cricut machine, cut your design from the selected vinyl sheet. However, make sure the correct calibration of the device for accurate cuts.
- After that, carefully remove extra vinyl from your design with a weeding hook or pick tool.
- Now, cut a transfer tape piece to cover your vinyl pattern. Make sure it sticks well by gently applying it to your artwork.
- Following that, peel off the vinyl backing carefully so that the pattern remains on the transfer tape. Further, align the design as required after placing it onto the acrylic keychain blank.
- Next, use a scraper tool to smooth the design. It will also help it stick to the blank.
- Further, tie the tassel or keychain ring onto the acrylic blank’s opening. It will let you hang your personalized keychain on purses, keys, etc.
- Lastly, check your keychain for faults and make any required corrections. For instance, cut off any extra vinyl or transfer tape.
Crafting Journey of Custom Acrylic Keychains
That is all; now you own a one-of-a-kind custom acrylic keychain. You’ll get more skilled at making these adorable artworks with practice. If you enjoyed the post, don’t be afraid to give it a shot. Making personalized acrylic keychains is an enjoyable hobby that unlocks massive creativity.