Keychains are simple but effective items. There are a lot of people around who use keychains. It is because keychains are so well known that their advantages are often overlooked. But that’s part of its charm: simplicity comes with greater flexibility.
From fashion companies transforming keychains into accessories, gifting acrylic keychains to loved ones, and turning them into mobile phone charms on your phone, there is something for everyone. The options are limitless.
Custom Keychains are also very inexpensive, which makes them more accessible. This article will go over the benefits of owning a keychain as well as the distinct types of keychain materials to look for.
8 Remarkable Types of Keychain Materials
Keychains can be made from a variety of materials. The use of different materials will affect the overall weight, durability, quality, customization value, and price of the keychain.
Here are some common keychain materials that can give you some customization ideas before you own your keychain:
- Wooden Keychain– The selected pieces are carved into various shapes. Because the size affects the overall weight of the keychain, light wood is commonly used. A good wooden keychain is an amazing piece of art that deserves to be collected by people.
- ABS Keychain– A strong plastic material, lightweight and easy to make. It is widely used in the production of keychains. Some Marvel keychains, and Star Wars keychains are made of this material.
- Acrylic keychain– Acrylic is a lightweight plastic that is transparent like glass but stronger. Due to this special nature, acrylic is the first choice for many people for custom keychains and acrylic standees. You can customize the same pattern front and back, or you can customize different patterns. Acrylic keychain also supports adding different crafts, such as epoxy, Holographic, rainbow board, etc.
- Zinc Alloy Keychain– Zinc is a very heavy material, but when combined with other elements, it becomes more durable and stable. Great for personalizing keychains.
- Steel Keychain– One of the first materials used to make keychains were steel. It is light and strong, therefore long-lasting. Steel keychains are a great accessory for fashion lovers.
- PVC Keychain– PVC is the third most common synthetic polymer in the world. It can be rigid or flexible. In either case, it’s an excellent keychain material.
- Crystal Keychain– Crystals are often chosen by people to make keychains with beautiful colors and good meanings. You can customize your exclusive crystal keychains according to your own ideas.
- Leather Keychains– are made of high-quality leather that will last a long time. They are stylish, cool, and mature. They make perfect office accessories and gifts.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Keychain Materials
Although there are many materials used to make keychains, each material has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are some points to keep in mind when deciding on your keychain materials.
- Restrictions – This influence how customizable the keychain can be. Acrylic is primarily used for the customization of beautiful visuals. Wood does not lend itself well to customization.
- Sizing – This is directly related to the weight of the personalized A large PVC keychain will be significantly larger than a wooden keychain.
- Longevity – while all materials are of high quality, some last longer and are in better condition than others.
- Pricing – the material used significantly impacts the price of a keychain.
A keychain is a very cool thing to have. You will be satisfied whether you own it as a collector or as someone who wants to organize their things.
The keychain you are about to buy or give as a gift to a loved one should be made of a material that you are aware of. This article offers in-depth justifications for having a keychain and outstanding keychain resources that will aid you in your upcoming keychain purchase or conversation.